Wednesday, December 10, 2014

DIY Holiday Wreath

Hey everyone!
I can't believe that there is only 15 days left until Christmas! Jason and I finally got around to going and picking out a tree and bringing it home and decorating it this past weekend. As always, it turned out beautiful and the pups are already sleeping underneath it waiting for Santa to visit!

Here's a picture of Jason and I while picking out our tree :)

And here is our tree…

While Jason was trimming the bottom of the tree and taking off some branches, I was thinking that it couldn't be all that hard to make my own wreath for the front door from the extra branches that he was taking off. For the last couple of days those extra branches have been sitting in our fire pit in the backyard and today I decided to bring some in and give it a try…

First, I put our painters cloth on the dining room table since the branches were wet and also to help make the cleaning process easier.

Next, I went to my closet and took out a metal hanger. If you use the dry cleaners often, they almost always return your clothing on these metal hangers.

You must take the hanger and unravel it. Try your hardest to make it into a circular shape like so…

Once you feel as though you have it how you want it, tape the two ends together… I just used scotch tape but any sort of tape should do the trick.

And now you have a metal circle!

Since my circle was done, it was time to take the branches and begin cutting them into pieces.


I had to think for a few minutes how I was going to get the beaches to stay on the bent hanger and I ended up deciding to use zip ties. I'm sure some sort of wire would do the same trick as well.


I just kept putting more and more chunks on. I didn't worry about the extra zip ties sticking off because I would just go around at the end and cut them with the scissor. 


Once I got all the way around, I decided that I wanted to hang it on my front door to make sure that I was going in the right direction…

After seeing it I knew I needed to keep adding to it to make it thicker…Once I felt it was full and I spread the branches, I made a bow and stuck it on. This was the final result.

For my first wreath ever and supplies that I had around the house I don't think it turned out half bad! I'm no bow expert so maybe I will end up putting an already made one on it… who knows!

Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo, 
Paige





No comments:

Post a Comment